How to do an online title search
According to Huduma Kenya, a title deed is the only proof of land ownership. Before customers buy a real estate property, they ask for a title deed search to establish the actual owner before making an offer. There are two types of title deeds:
Freehold -where the landowner has the maximum rights to the land without any time period or any other restrictions.
Leasehold– This is a type of title deed where the ownership and use of the land are capped at a maximum of 99 years. At the end of the lease period, owners pay to extend the lease.
Therefore, when purchasing a property always inquire what type of title deed the property has.
How to do an online land search in Kenya
To determine the legitimacy of your property you have to conduct a title search. It only costs Ksh 500. You can do this through the E-Citizen platform.
- Sign in or sign up to the E-citizen platform
- Click on the Ministry of Land, Housing & Urban Development link and choose the land search option
- Enter the title number and fill out the online land search form Kenya and submit.
- Confirm details and pay.
- Print the results.
Importance of a title search
A title search will help you determine;
- The owner of the property
- The land use -whether it’s agricultural, commercial, or residential
- Any encumbrances on the land such as court orders
- The exact location of the property
- The nature of title-freehold or leasehold
- Size in hectares
A title deed is the most important document of a property. Don’t be conned in this era. Ask sellers for the title copy at the comfort of your house. At Mintvilla Housing we have ready freehold title deeds. Contact us on 0711082929 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a unit.